photo bird_left_zps4ccfbc98.pngThe Dan Galman photo rope_left_zpsfe7d3553.pngThe Dan Galman photo rope_right_zps61223ad4.pngThe Dan Galman photo birdright_zps1cab8373.png

Book Review: P.O.D.: The Nexus


P.O.D. are talented musicians, but not many people know that they also have superpowers, which come in handy when an alien invasion starts laying waste to cities around the world. As the four friends try their best to confront the invaders they also start to pick up clues about finding the mysterious 'chosen one'. This graphic novel also comes with a 6 track CD with new instrumental material from the band.


I'd hate to break it up to you.

Image Source: OMF Literature's Site
The Good: P.O.D.: The Nexus is a graphic novel, meaning, it attracts more young people to read books.

The Bad: I saw several grammar mistakes like, "You was there," and some more.

My Review: The title and the whole book cover looked really, really intriguing that's why I bought the book. And a good thing about this book is it has a CD inside, and I find it really cool! 

Sadly, there are a lot of things that I didn't not like. As I said earlier, several grammar mistakes; and not just that, I find the story telling really fast-paced (My brother thinks the same). And because it was so fast-paced, when I was done reading it I felt nothing. I wasn't excited to read the next book. 

The whole book was just like the summary, something like that. That is why I did not enjoy. But the story is nice! Just the way it was written wasn't.

Nothing against the illustrator, no doubt, he is a great one because the cover was really attractive and the characters pretty much fits. 

If I could change three things:
  1. I want it to be clearer and more descriptive.
  2. It would be much better if the book was longer, so it'll be more explained. Just like what I said in number 1.
  3. What if it was colored? Perhaps it'll be better. I don't know. 
My Rating: 2.9  9/10

My Rating (Frankly): 2.5 ½

No comments:

Greetings.

It makes me giddy when, I see my pageviews rising every time I make a new article. But I'll be giddier if you leave a comment, either a suggestion, question, compliment or a message.

(But please make your comments pleasant)

Please write a line, or two on the comment section. I'd be happy to answer!

Thanks for visiting my little kingdom.